What do you think of the new Stella & Dot site?

Trunk show orders and Hostess Orders...

Love the new site...However I have received feedback from customers and hostesses (and myself included) that they are unsure how to place a specific "trunk show order" and have no clue how to "place a hostess order". There is no mention of either on the site, and people feel like they are spending time ordering and not sure if they are even doing it properly. I feel that the customer should have be able to initially decide from the homepage what type of order they are placing and should be able to navigate to there specific trunk show upfront. Otherwise they have no faith that they are doing it properly...additionally it looks like everyone is being asked to "register" before even getting to checkout which could be a turn off to many. Could there at least be an "opt out"? "shop as guest instead of a registered user? Just some thoughts..
But i feel very strongly that on the landing page, customers need to see a clear choice as to what type of purchase they are making. 1) trunk show order 2) hostess order.
Thank you so very much for reading!! You guys are the best!!

172 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mia Russo SternMia Russo Stern shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • betsy crowleybetsy crowley commented  · 

i agree that it is just not intuitive enough and i know that having to register has turned away sales (i have had people call me and say that they dont want to create an acct, they just want to shop). i cant blame them as i too have abandoned purchases when a site requires me toset up an account...very annoying feature! thank you!

• TatianaTatiana commented  · 

The current platform is not intuitive enough. The first thing many prospective purchasers looks for is either the trunk show hostess's name or the stylists name. They want to do this BEFORE filling up their shopping basket. They want to know that the stylist that they work with is getting the credit (and maybe they don't remember the stylists website or the stylist opted out of that option) or that their friend who hosted is. They may abandon the sale prior to the checkout stage or miss the hostess option.

I also agree about the need to allow people to shop as guests.

Does anyone know if head office reads these comments or do they just get shared amongst the stylists? I would love to hear a response from head office.

On a positive note - the website looks fantastic!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Just wanted to add that I agree too! I also think it's tough to find if they don't know how to navigate the site.

• JenniferJennifer commented  · 

Agree! I am worried customers are abandonning sales when unwanting to set up an account for whatever personal reasons and have had feedback saying it was difficult to know how to place a trunk show order

• JenniferJennifer commented  · 

Agreed! I understand why we are looking for customers to create accounts, but have to be understanding of those who for privacy or whatever personal reasons choose not to create an account and are likely abandoning their sale because there is no guest option as we had previously. I also feel this new site is not as user friendly.....a "invited to a trunk show" button or something on the landing that allows an easy click and then option to choose to shop as a trunk show guest or hostess would be a very nice upgraade

• Diana LangDiana Lang commented  · 

Agreed. I think many customers are turned off by having to create an account, I know I am on other shopping sites and sometimes just abandon my purchase at that point. Also, it's too tricky to find a hostess, this should be one of the first steps in the customer's shopping experience, not at checkout. Thanks for listening, otherwise site looks great!

• Judy TredgettJudy Tredgett commented  · 

Agreed. I have had to explain how to link an order to a trunk show several times. Also have had many hostesses puzzled about how to place sign in and place their orders so I have spent too much time walking the through it or just doing this myself. Also would be a nice feature to save an order before t=hitting the checkout button - but I understand that feature will be added in the future.

• ElizabethElizabeth commented  · 

I am also having trouble with customers who do not want to create an account. Can't they opt out skomehow? I understand the logic behind us wanting them to create an account, but at the risk of losing sales?

• adrienneadrienne commented  · 

Yes, I also agree that you shouldn't have to create an account to check out. I used a practice order, registering an account under my husband's name. I haven't found a way to cancel his account, or to opt out. He won't be happy with me if he starts getting S&D email! It needs a clear opt out!!

• BeckyBecky commented  · 

I am having the same problem!!! PLEASE change this back!!!

• Nion Stapp Nion Stapp commented  · 

I am worried shoppers will forget they were supposed to type in the hostess name by the time they get to checkout.

• mariannemarianne commented  · 

Totally agree that you should be able to connect to a hostess name/party way before checkout - especially since the shipping now pops up when you are shopping. For us in Canada, the regular shipping rate of $10.95 pops up and it doesn't get knocked down to the "ship to hostess" rate of $5.95 until the very end of checkout. I think many customers might be turned off by the steep shipping costs if they are just popping into the site to do a quick online trunk show view/buy. They won't realize that the shipping rate will drop at the end - I don't think they'll stay long enough to realize that. I also think they want to know they are connecting to their friend's show before they shop.

• KateKate commented  · 

I agree about signing in - it could steer someone away who is thinking this would be a quick thing to do for a trunk show....

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Absolutely agree. Also am not a fan of having to choose a log in code. If you want customers to use a code why not just type the stylists name in

• MariaMaria commented  · 

Also in agreement let's make it easy for all, we reverting to inefficient ways for customers to shop.

• Susan CarruthSusan Carruth commented  · 

STRONGLY AGGREE to designating who the hostess is or what type of order BEFORE customer places order ( NOT duirng the check out proess..that is too late).. and cusotmer should NOT have to reigste.could be a big turn off and we surley do not want that! Love you all though.please keep tweeking!

• cara cloydcara cloyd commented  · 

totally AGREE with all of these very important points, especially the piece about having to "register" - i hate that about other sites. such a turn off!

• steph delucasteph deluca commented  · 

Agree...don't want the customer to wonder if it's right and end up changing their mind about the order. I think they need the comfort upfront that it is going to their hostesses party for sure. They should not have to wait until the very end for the clarification. Thanks for taking this into consideration.

• simone edelheitsimone edelheit commented  · 

i agree with this statement completely. i thought that it was very easy before to just click "find your hostess" to place an order --- and to instruct people to do that. i, too, think that having a log-in might turn away buyers and like the idea of signing in as a guest.

Feedback and Knowledge Base